Not sure how to make your ELA or ESL classroom more student-centered? This instructor-led micro-course explores current approaches to language arts instruction for grades PK–5 including content knowledge, curriculum design, instructional strategies, skills development, activities, and materials.
Educators Will Be Able To
- Define language arts and explain how it is learned and taught
- Summarize what is meant by using a holistic approach to teach language arts
- Develop strategies to assess student literacy skills and differentiate language arts instruction
- Develop methods for integrating educational technology and diverse narratives when teaching literature and informational texts
- Explain how children learn English as a second language
- Demonstrate how to assess and differentiate instruction for ELL students
- Cox, C. (2014). Teaching Language Arts: A student-centered classroom (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
Creating Personalized Learning in English Language Arts Micro-course
⏳8 week access