Struggling with engaging the parents/guardian(s) of your students? This instructor-led micro-course teaches techniques to communicate effectively with families from diverse backgrounds to promote academic achievement and the healthy development of children.
Educators Will Be Able To
- Identify external factors causing stress for families today and summarize their impact in the classroom
- Demonstrate an awareness of the importance of family and community involvement in the classroom
- Identify techniques for developing communication and interaction with families
- Compare and contrast successful parental involvement programs
- Develop and implement effective methods to create a classroom environment that welcomes families from all backgrounds
- Gestwicki, C. (2016). Home, School, and Community Relations (9th ed.). Wadsworth Publishers: Belmont, CA.
Keys to Effective Parent/Guardian Engagement Micro-course
⏳8 week access