The Origins of English
Time & Location
About The Event
Ever wonder how the English language developed? This micro-course examines the early roots to modern day English and the social, political, geographical, cultural, and religious influences. This course also delves into practical application of creating integrated lessons for linguistically-diverse students.
- Education professionals new to the field of education who want to learn instructional strategies for linguistically-diverse students
- Veteran education professionals who want to engage linguistically-diverse 3-12 grade students
- Education professionals who want to earn continuing professional education.
- Education professionals who have limited time to go to face-to-face classes.
- Former education professionals who want to recertify teaching credentials.
Required Course Texts:
- Byson, B. (2015). Made in america: An informal history of the English language in the united states. New York, NY: HarperCollins. ISBN-10: 0380713810 2.
- Mugglestone, L. (2008). The oxford history of english. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. ISBN-10: 0199544395
- Rodriguez, R. (2004). Hunger of memory. New York, NY: Bantam Books. ISBN-10: 0553382519
⏳8 week access
- OE: 312-ASY-4.4$399$3990$0
- OE: 312-ASY-4.4 + Text + S/H$515$5150$0